Rocklin Homeowners' Complete Guide To Effective Rodent Control
May 15, 2023 - Rodents
Rodents are the most common animals in the United States. They're found everywhere, in every climate, and every state. While they're an important part of the food chain, they're still nuisance animals you don't want living in your yard, much less in your house. If you have a rodent problem, call the pest specialists at Superior Pest. We provide pest control in Rocklin.
Types Of Rodents That Invade Rocklin Homes
There are many types of rodents living in Rocklin. Homeowners typically deal with a few basic categories of rodents: squirrels, mice, gophers, and rats. Multiple species of each have been identified. Other rodents you may come across include beavers, nutrias, and porcupines, though they're less likely to be found in the Rocklin area.
Rodents Can Make You Sick And Damage Property
Most common rodents can carry a multitude of diseases, including:
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM)
- Rat-bite fever
In addition to making you sick, rodents can cause extensive property damage, both in your yard and in your house. They can ravage your garden, chew through your irrigation system, chomp through electrical wires, cause a fire hazard, and eat your food. Since rodents' teeth never stop growing, they have to continuously gnaw on whatever's handy, including your furniture, pipes, walls, and floor joists.
Four Simple Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around The House
Outdoor rodent control is the key to not getting rodents inside your house in the first place. You have to make your yard unattractive to rodents. Remove food, water, and shelter, and they're unlikely to come to visit.
- Use 1/4 or 1/2-inch hardware cloth below your garden and flower beds to keep their roots, especially root vegetables, safe. Create an open-topped box with the cloth up to a height of two to three feet to help keep rodents at bay.
- Get rid of bird feeders and bird baths. Also, if possible, feed your pets indoors. Bring the bowls inside at night if you have to leave pet food and water outside.
- Keep your trash cans tightly covered in the garage or an outbuilding if at all possible. If not, put them on a rack six inches off the ground. Putting a cinder block at the bottom of each trash can keeps them from easily tipping over, letting rodents access your garbage.
- Clean up your yard. Remove piles of debris and move stacks of firewood at least 20 feet from your house. Keep your firewood on a rack at least six inches off the ground. Cut back your shrubs away from your house and clean up your flower beds to eliminate areas where rodents can nest and hide.
By keeping rodents out of your yard and garden, there is less of a chance these pests will make their way into your home. However, if rodents are already on your Rocklin property, it may be time to call the professionals.
The Most Effective Rodent Control Method For Rocklin Homes
The most effective way to get rid of rodents is to call a professional pest control company, such as Superior Pest. Our pest specialists are highly trained and experienced in rodent control and exclusion – keeping pests out of your house in the first place. California rodents are no match for our specialists.
We're a family-owned and operated business, and we've been in the pest control field since 2017. We provide comprehensive, customizable rodent control for you, your yard, and your home. We only use the highest quality products to treat your home for rodents to ensure you and your family are safe.
We also work with you to keep the rodents out of your house. We'll customize a plan that works for you to make sure all your home's cracks and crevices are filled so rats, mice, and squirrels can't get in anymore. Call us today for your free inspection.
We really like these folks. We've had them come on a couple of occasions, and have nothing but good things to say about them. They're a local family business, seem to know their stuff. They don't try to up-sell you, their prices are good, they take care of the problem, and they guarantee results.